SYFY Channel October Weekend Marathon

 This was a surprise when I was looking up the October schedule of SYFY. They don't do a lot of marathons besides the New Year's or the occasional 4th of July. Perhaps fitting the Halloween season, SYFY wanted to work in The Twilight Zone as a plus one. Thankfully I had the DVR running so if I had watched some horror films elsewhere -- my daughter wanted to work in FearFest 2024 AMC horror, four of the films watched Saturday -- I could begin from when SYFY started and try to get in as many as I could according to the time I had.

SYFY kicked off their schedule with The Thirty Fathom Grave.

8:00 AM: S1 - E8102 The Thirty Fathom Grave (I really enjoy watching this one on Sci-fi Channel. I do wish this had come on Sunday afternoon. This feels like the perfect late Sunday episode.. I do feel that maybe if it was fit for the 30 minute format, it would be a lean, chilling, psychological tormenting of and the spirits of a downed sub’s supernatural pursuit of Kellin Chief Boatswain as a US Navy ship hears hammering below them. Oakland, before Kolchak was stressing him out in news rooms, had to figure out what is causing the noise from the crashed sub below while hoping to snap Kellin out of his delirium)

9:00 am
The Twilight Zone
S1 - E8113 The New Exhibit (I just don’t really feel the same way as some TZ fans about this “wax figures murder those that threaten their welfare” plot. Martin really loves tending to “his friends”. Imagine Mr. Ferguson listening to Martin telling him the wax figures “haven’t been behaving themselves lately”. Props to Martin Balsam for his weird portrayal of Martin, so obsessed and perhaps too attached, seemingly unwilling to let the figures go)

10:00 am
The Twilight Zone
S1 - E8101 In His Image (what if an android realizes he is not human, finds his human creator who tells him he’s not human, the android has “fits” or “glitches” that turn him violent/homicidal, and the human creator actually takes his place, locating the android’s human fiance ready to marry him any day? I couldn’t quite get into this one. It felt prolonged as a lot of fourth season episodes beyond what was necessary)

Comments

Popular Posts