Kicking off the new year with Twilight Zone!

 

Five Characters in Search of an Exit

So, I didn't get to see any Twilight Zone during New Year's Eve since I was with my mother and family all day Saturday, having missed Christmas Eve last year due to my mom getting COVID. While I would have loved plenty of Twilight Zone to cap off 2022, which was a lot of suck for a lot of people, I'm still going to get my fill, you betcha! Yes, Siree! I got home about 12:30 January 1st, 2023, and this episode of Twilight Zone was on. Poor William Windom as the tormented Brigadier just wanting out of his barrel, while his fellow trapped discarded prisoners hope to get their new home eventually. I still imagine this might be a worst case scenario nightmares for those who are claustrophobic! And were there ever Hobo dolls?!


Nothing in the Dark

You know no matter how many times I watch this episode that monologue from Gladys Cooper, where she talks about once being young, pretty, loving the outdoors and the sun, but willing to remain in the dark if to just stay alive, then later, her eyes welling with tears, takes Death's hand. No horror, just peace. Gets me every time. I wish for this kind of death. Just a transition. I'm sure others hope Death looks like a young Robert Redford 🤭, even if their conversation is inside a crippling room in a battered tenement building due for demolition. I swear RG Armstrong always looked the same!

Little Girl Lost

The fourth dimension opens in the bedroom of the daughter of horrified parents needing to find her and the pooch before that portal closes. Good thing Aidman, genius physicist, is the dad's good friend! Imagine being closed in that bizarre other place. The camera pulling from the house in just any ole neighborhood in some average suburbs after such an extraordinary event with no proof evidentiary unfortunately!

Comments

Popular Posts